The SSIC is a mandatory WSH training course forall workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry. Shipyard workers are required to go through the SSIC before they start work at the shipyard.
The Workplace Safety and Health (Shipbuilding and Ship-repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 6 (2) stipulates that “It shall be the duty of every person not to carry out any hazardous work in a shipyard or on board a ship in a harbour unless he has undergone a safety and health training course approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.”
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Recognise the safety hazards in shipyard work;
- Know the preventive measures to be adopted;
- Know the importance of observing safety signs and safe work procedures;
- Know the rights and responsibilities.
Learning Objectives for SSIC_GT
- Identify legal obligations in workplace safety and health;
- Identify hazards in a shipyard – Fire, explosion, falling from heights & falling objects, safe access,
- chemicals, mechanical, electrical, radiation, material handling, working in confined space and
- specialisedoperations etc.;
- Recognize all types of industrial safety sign;
- Apply for safety permit prior to hot work;
- Put on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Take safety precautions when working with differenthazards – include the hazards mentioned
- above and other emerging hazards such as heat stroke, infectious diseases, ergonomics, …etc;
- Respond in case of fire or emergency.
All workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry.
8.0 hour (including 1 hour of assessment)
- Practical Lessons (Demonstrations and Hands-on skills practice)
- Written Assessment : 40 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) – 1 hour
Medium of Instructions
Upon successful completion and passing the exam, participant will receive a safety pass which is valid for a period of 2 or 4 years, depending on the years of their working experience in the related industry in Singapore.
Note: Participants with less than 6 years of working experience in Singapore will get a safety pass that is valid for 2 years. Those with more than 6 years of working experience in Singapore, will get a safety pass that is valid for 4 years.
$25 (Nett price)
Weekday Class: Monday, Tuesday & Friday
Weekend Class: Saturday & Sunday
**We can schedule a class for you (min. 10pax).
Timing: 8am – 6pm (1 day)